7/31/09

Afronaught (Afronaut) - DJ/Producer


Sorry for not knowing about this man sooner. Don't tase me, bro!

I've heard the name, "Afronaught," a million times over the years, but I never really heard the music, not knowingly. I was put onto Afronaught by a really good friend of mine who spent some time in London as an A&R for Sony. God bless him.

Afronaught aka Afronaut aka Orin Walters is a London-Based Breakbeat DJ/Producer. He's also known to spend quite some time in Puerto Rico. He also spun some house music in Chicago in he '90s. He's considered a pioneer of West London's breakbeat scene and is also a member of the DJ/Producer collective known as Bugz in the Attic. His style of production is known for being more soulful than others.

Listen. Enjoy. These two songs are merely the tip of an enormous iceberg.

"Transcend Me" (I've been listening to this repeatedly since I became aware, about three days now.)


"Now or Never" (Let the beat build on this one. It's worth it.)



And now you're happy. See how that works?

Afronaught on MySpace

Ning

Bugz in he Attic


And because it's only right.

No comments: