7/6/09

48 - Buenos Aires (Video)

I've been feeling a bit more international than I normally do (which is a lot). I've had a lot of global cities (Barcelona, Tokyo, London, Madrid, San Francisco, Hong Kong and New York to name a few) on my mind as of late. I decided to post a video about Buenos Aires, Argentina. I don't know if it was the fact that I ate at an Argentinian restaurant this weekend. ...

Gaucho Grill (Santa Monica, CA)
- Food - B-/C+
- Service - A

Starters:
- Bread with chimichurri - Could've used more churri in the chimi.
- Chorizo w/ chick pea salad - Decent.
- Sweet bread - Surprise! It wasn't sweet. It wasn't bread.
- Sauteed mushrooms - In butter and white wine, best sauteed mushrooms I've ever had, and the main reason I decided to stick a restaurant review in the middle of a post for a video. ... Dreamt about them the entire following day.

Main course:
- Churrasco (Skirt steak) - A bit overcooked, lacked flavor. Don't you know where I'm from?. You can't fool me on a good churrasco, but thank you for teaching me that's it's also called, "EntraƱa."
- Mashed potatoes - Bland, thank god for those mushrooms.
- Grilled zucchini - I'm just bored at this point.

Dessert:
- Espresso - A nice, needed touch.

I'd come back for the mushrooms, a side of rice and a Quilmes

Where was I? Oh yeah, crawl out of that bubble you call a life, and spend 48 hours in Buenos Aires with Australian journalist, Amanda Palmer and her guide, journalist, Macarena, in "48" on Al Jazeera English*. I've never been to Bs As; so I can't say how accurate this depiction of the city is, but there's some interesting stuff going on, and it moves pretty well.




*It's like Al Jazeera, but in English.

No comments: